B Avenue Pipeline Construction
Construction Starts Monday August 18!
The new, larger storm drain pipeline needed to prevent flooding in the First Addition-Forest Hills neighborhood will be installed starting August 18. (The signs on State Street indicating a start date of August 11 are incorrect and the contractor will replace them with correct dates by the end of today).Our highest priority during construction is to make sure that customers can reach their favorite businesses. The Partnership is committed to keeping B Avenue “Open for Business” during construction and to respond promptly to business and neighbor concerns.
- Construction hours on B Avenue between State and Fifth Street will be Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Construction hours outside this area on B Avenue will be Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- During construction, one block and one intersection of B Avenue will be closed to traffic at a time, and a detour will be in place around the work zone.
- Pedestrian access to all businesses will be provided within the one block work area.
- Contact project staff regarding deliveries or other special needs (503-697-6502).
- Parking is available on side streets and outside the one block work zone on B Ave. as well as in City parking lots downtown.
- “Open for Business” window clings, brochures and holders are available for all businesses on B Avenue.
- Read our B Ave. construction brochure for more information or the latest Hello LO insert.
While construction is underway, local businesses remain open to serve the community and visitors. We encourage our employees, contractors and vendors as well as community members to patronize businesses along the alignment and support the local economy.