B Avenue Stormwater System Construction Update
This week, construction began for the much needed new stormwater system upgrade on B Avenue at State Street. During construction, B Ave. is closed to traffic between State and 1st St.
Change in work hours
Per ODOT requirements, B Avenue will be closed 24 hours a day, between OR43 and 1st St, Monday to Friday, during storm line construction. This closure will last through early September.
Support of the business community is a high priority for the project. To maximize productivity and complete construction of the stormwater system upgrade in advance of the 2014 holiday season, construction hours are being modified on B Ave. Once crews work through the first block of B Ave., west of 1st Street, work hours will change (from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday.
B Ave. Businesses
While construction is underway, local businesses remain open to serve the community and visitors. We encourage our employees, contractors and vendors as well as community members to patronize businesses along the alignment and support the local economy.
Online Business Directory
To support businesses, we have developed an online directory to let existing and prospective clients and customers know that businesses are accessible and open during construction.
Please click on the link below, review the draft directory and let us know about:
- Additions—your business is not yet listed, but you would like to be included
- Changes—your business is listed, but the information needs to be modified
- Deletions—you would like to opt out and have your business removed from the online directory
Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to receive input until Friday, August 29, 2014 and go live with the directory during the first week of September.
- One block and one intersection of B Avenue at a time will be closed to traffic and detoured.
- Work hours on B Ave. west of 1st Street are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Contact project staff regarding deliveries or other special needs (503-697-6502).
- Parking is on side streets outside the one block work zone as well as in City parking lots.
- Pedestrian access to all businesses will be maintained at all times in all locations.
- "Open for business" window clings, brochures and holders are available for all businesses on B Avenue. Contact project staff for supplies at email@example.com or (503-697-6502).
- Read our B Ave. construction brochure for more information or the latest Hello LO insert.
Water Pipeline Early Next Year
Early next year, construction will commence with installing the new, larger water pipeline, starting at 9th and B Ave. This installation will take about six months (concluding at State Street). The project is scheduled for early 2015 to minimize impact to businesses during the 2014 holiday season.