Highway 43 Pipeline Construction in West Linn - 48-hr Construction Notice
Starting Monday, Dec. 8, preliminary pipeline construction activities (including saw-cutting asphalt and equipment mobilization) will begin at night on Highway 43 in West Linn, near Mapleton Drive. On Sunday, Dec. 14, crews expect to begin installing pipe at night starting at the intersection of Mapleton Drive, working north along Highway 43 towards Lake Oswego. Schedules are subject to change.
- Nighttime work hours are Sunday through Thursday, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. (Night work is an ODOT requirement).
- Construction is expected to progress about 50-100 feet per night.
- During evening construction, in most areas, one lane of traffic will be open in each direction. In some narrow areas, one lane will be open at a time, with flaggers guiding traffic in each direction.
- Neighbors can expect to see and hear excavators, loaders, saw-cutters, pipe, steel plates, lighting, gravel and dump trucks in the work area.
- Per ODOT approval and to help minimize nighttime noise impacts, in some areas on Highway 43 certain activities (saw-cutting, exploratory digging or paving) may occur between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday to Friday. Single lane closures may be in place, but two-way traffic should be maintained at most times.
- Some equipment and materials will be stored in the Highway 43 right-of-way during non-work hours.
- For the latest information on Highway 43 work, follow @LOTWater on Twitter.
Open for Business
The Lake Oswego Tigard Water Partnership is committed to supporting local businesses during construction. While construction is under way, businesses remain open to serve the community and visitors. The Partnership is working closely with businesses located along the pipeline alignment, on a “Shop Local” marketing campaign. Through discount coupons, an online business directory, special ads, videos and promotional items in the West Linn Tidings, the Partnership is striving to increase business exposure, attract customers and encourage neighbors to buy local.
Watch out for the special holiday insert in next week’s edition of the West Linn Tidings!
We encourage our employees, contractors, vendors and community members to patronize businesses along the alignment, especially during the holiday season.
Thank you for your patience during construcion.