All pipe now installed in Gladstone!
This update includes construction work in the following areas. Read more for specific information on each location:
- River Intake Pump Station (RIPS) - site restoration in progress
- Pipeline work - all pipe now installed in Gladstone. Pipe testing, final paving and restoration to begin
River Intake Pump Station (RIPS) – site restoration in progress
Last week, the large red crane was disassmbled and removed from the site. Crews also began preparing and installing new curbs and placing stone columns as part of the fence!
Site restoration continues over the next month with asphalt removal, grading, paving, water fountain installation, gate placement and final landscaping.
Did you know?
The new RIPS is more energy efficient than the old intake. Variable frequency drives for the pump motors minimize energy demands and work more efficiently – reducing energy consumption by more than half a million kilowatt hours per year! Visit this link to learn more about green design features.
Pipeline work - all pipe now installed in Gladstone! Pipe testing, final paving and restoration to begin
All large diameter water pipe is now installed in Gladstone! Thank you to neighbors, businesses and travelers for your patience and understanding during pipeline construction.
What work remains?
Although the major pipeline work is complete in Gladstone, some final activities remain over the next month:
- Installing miscellaneous drains and vaults along the pipeline route
- Grouting, filling and testing the newly installed pipe
- Restoring roadway concrete panels on Highway 99E
- Final restoration and paving of the remaining streets – Highway 99E crossing, River Road crossing, dead-end block of Exeter, Jensen Road pathway, a portion of Dahl Beach Road and a portion of Barton Ave
To minimize impacts to traffic and businesses, most work on McLoughlin is occurring at night, which is required under the ODOT permit. Night work hours are typically 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., Sunday – Thursday. Some work is also taking place between 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Lane closures will be in place during work hours on McLoughlin Boulevard between W. Arlington Street and W. Gloucester Street.