Final paving set to take place
Lake Oswego Pipeline Construction Update
This update includes work in the following areas. Read more for specific information on each location:
- McVey Avenue and State Street ADA ramps - almost complete
- Final paving on Church, Durham, Ladd, State, McVey and Erickson Streets - starts next week!
McVey Avenue and State Street ADA ramps - almost complete
Crews have been installing ADA ramps on McVey Avenue and State Street and are almost complete. Early next week (Monday or Tuesday), crews will be finishing the ADA ramp on the corner of State and Green Street. From 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., there will be a single lane closure along the northbound lane of State Street, near George Rogers Park.
Final paving on Church, Durham, Ladd, State, McVey and Erickson Streets - starts next week!
Final paving along the streets where the pipe has been installed is expected to begin next week. The current paving schedule (weather permitting) is outlined below.
- Church Street (west of Durham Street), Durham Street (between Church and Ladd Streets), and a portion of Ladd Street - Monday, April 18 through Wednesday, April 20. Crews plan to start on Church Street and work towards Ladd Street. Work hours are 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Erickson Street, between Laurel and McVey - Tuesday, April 19 through Wednesday, April 20. Crews plan to start at the bottom of Erickson, near McVey Avenue and work towards Laurel Street. Work hours are 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- McVey Avenue, from Erickson Street to State Street and the McVey Avenue/State Street intersection – nighttime paving on Thursday, April 21, Friday, April 22 and Monday, April 25. Work hours are 8 pm- 5 am.
Paving schedules include preparing/grinding the existing asphalt and placing the new pavement. Neighbors should expect an increase in noise and potential vibration during paving, particularly when the compactor compresses the newly placed asphalt.
During paving, there will be periods where roads are temporarily closed to all traffic, so the new pavement can dry. Residents located along the pipeline alignment or in the paving zone will receive a door hanger notice 48 hours prior to the scheduled paving on their street. Please find an alternative place to park on a side street or prepare to leave your house before the paving begins on your street.
During the McVey Avenue and State Street crossing nighttime paving, the traffic signal at the intersection will be turned off and traffic will be flagged. Please expect delays in this area.
Once the paving is complete, striping and traffic signal loops will be installed. This is weather dependent.